Packing is a process that takes a lot of planning and consideration, and it is always helpful to know beforehand what you should leave out to move in your own vehicle. The?Do Not Pack (or dangerous items) category includes a few household products that are hazardous materials and often illegal to move commercially (for example, the propane tank for a grill). If you are hiring any professional College Station mover?and its packing services, the packing crew will not pack these items and will leave these items out for the consumer to dispose of or carry in their individual vehicles to their new home.
Dangerous Items List
For your protection and safety do not pack the following items:
- Aerosol cans regardless of content
- Heating agents such as Sterno
- Nail polish and remover
- Any type of gas in bottles or tanks, such as propane or oxygen
- Fire extinguishers
- Paints, varnishes, solvents, thinners, and oils
- Ammonia, bleach and other household cleaning agents
- Chlorine granules or powder, as well as other pool products
- Muriatic acid (also known as hydrochloric acid)
- Auto batteries
- Charcoal/lighter fluids
- Matches, lighters, and other lighting products
- Ammunition (Bullets)
- Any other combustible product
These items can (and should) be disposed of properly and replaced when you move into your new home.
You should always transport perishable items?and?items of personal importance in your personal vehicle. If these items are placed on the truck, their condition on arrival at your new home cannot be guaranteed.
- Frozen/refrigerated food
- Produce, such as fruits and vegetables
- Open food items
- Plants both indoor and outdoor
- Prescription medications
Items of Value:
- Stocks, bonds and securities
- Collections, such as coins and stamps
- Jewelry and furs
- Important documents such as birth certificates and Social Security cards
Sarge’s Moving Services is a licensed College Station mover that specializes in all aspects of moving- from loading/unloading and packing/unpacking to providing storage for a future move. For more information or if you are planning a move in the Bryan / College Station area, contact Sarge’s Moving with the link below.